17 Pieces of Life Wisdom Everyone Should Know!
Luckily, most of what you need to know to live life wisely has already been said and written. A lot of intelligent people have already lived and shared their ideas and experiences. This is one of the best aspects of reading good books. You can learn from others, rather than having to figure it out yourself.
Consider these ideas:
1. Action often trumps knowledge.
Someone that knows a little but does a lot will beat someone that knows a lot but does little. Ensure that you’re not procrastinating under the guise of gathering more information.
2. Focus on the things you can control.
If you can control it, why worry? Just take action to manage it the best you can. If you can’t control it, there’s no value in worrying.
3. You can’t control other people.
You can’t make anyone change. Instead, focus on being the best you can be.
4. Your life is passing by quicker than you think.
There’s no time for worrying or waiting. Get busy living your life.
5. Progress is more important than perfection.
Striving for perfection is a waste of time. Just focus on doing a little better today than you did yesterday. Good things will happen.
6. Failure is a required part of success.
Stop trying to avoid failure. Learn from your mistakes, do your best, and keep moving forward until you reach your goal.
7. People think about you a lot less than you think they do.
It might be a relief, or it might be insulting, but few people care about your successes and failures. Either way, it’s true.
8. The best policy is to take responsibility for everything in your life - good and bad.
If you accept responsibility, you can celebrate your successes and fix anything that’s unacceptable to you. Blame others and you’re powerless.
9. What you want most is better than what you want right now.
Avoid the tendency to make yourself happy today instead of doing what will make you happy in the future.
◦ For example, saving your money for the house you desperately want to buy is a smarter option than buying a motorcycle today.
◦ Be willing to make sacrifices for what you really want
10. Choosing whether to be right or to be happy is an important decision.
When dealing with others, there are times that you can’t be both. Which is more important to you?
11. Dealing with your fears is much easier than avoiding them.
Deal with a fear and it eventually goes away. Avoid it, and you’ll soon be structuring your life around it.
12. Most of the things you fear will never happen.
And if they do, it won’t be as bad as you think.
13. Your time is your most valuable possession.
Time is the one thing you can’t get more of. How you spend your time determines the quality of your life.
14. People are doing the best they can.
You don’t know what others are going through or have gone through. Everyone is doing the best they can at that moment.
15. Place a priority on your health.
Everything suffers if your health deteriorates.
16. Avoid making decisions when you’re emotionally compromised.
Science has shown that your ability to make wise decisions is hindered by strong emotions. Wait until you calm down.
17. Quitting is failing. You’ve only failed when you quit.
Choosing to live your life wisely is your right.
Too many people live life the hard way. There’s no reason to guess what it takes to be happy and successful.
The wisdom of others is a great starting point.
Do you have any bits of wisdom? Add them to this list. Keep adding more ideas as you discover them.
Be sure to share this with family and friends who need some words of encouragement.